SWMC is proud to now offer Temporary Traffic Control Training. Our program is the National Safety Compliance program that meets the Federal Highway Administration and OSHA requirements. It is also accepted by the state of Missouri. To determine if your state accepts this certification feel free to contact your state or SWMSC for additional information.
Temporary Traffic Control in Highway Work Zones – Design and Supervision is a new two-day program that prepares work zone supervisors to interpret, adapt, and implement Traffic Control Plans. It focuses on specific job responsibilities and covers information in parts I, V, and VI of the Federal Highway Administration’s Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD).
You can trust the content. Temporary Traffic Control is based on the most current federal regulations, and reviewed by the leading industry experts.
- It’s based on real-world situations. Experienced instructors lead students through problem-solving exercises, using the MUTCD and state guidelines.
- It’s flexible. We include state and local regulations as well as federal guidelines to meet your needs.
- It’s easy to get started. There are no expensive, time-consuming prerequisite courses required.
Temporary Traffic Control is for workers responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining traffic control devices in or near vehicle right-of-way
- Keeping workers safe while in or near vehicle right-of-way
- Installing signs and warning devices
- Controlling traffic flow in construction, maintenance, or utility work zones
Anyone with at least one year of documented experience in work zone traffic control can attend. It’s also useful for project engineers who want to understand requirements imposed on site supervisors and outside contractors.
- Become familiar with the MUTCD and learn to use it as a reference
- Get the skills and knowledge to interpret a Traffic Control Plan (TCP)
- Learn to verify the accuracy of existing TCPs and adapt or modify them using the MUTCD
- Learn to implement a safe TCP
Contact us for pricing and class availability.